Friday, May 17, 2013

The Reason I Write

I began my journey into a more simple, meaningful life a few years ago.  

I was easily agitated, unsettled, & prone to outbursts in my mid to late twenties.  However, when I paused to evaluate my life, there was absolutely no reason to be this way.  I had an amazing marriage, a great house, loving family, my dream job, regular vacations, and all the gadgets I wished for, but I still wasn't at peace.

One day, I Googled the words 'how get rid stuff'.  Leo Babauta's ZenHabits.net was among the top hits.  His writing introduced me to the world of minimalism.  I devoured every word.  It felt like common sense.

I, then, linked to multiple others who wrote on similar subjects - BecomingMinilalist.com, TheMinimalists.com, BeMoreWithLess.com, and ExileLifestyle.com.

These resources in conjunction with my interest in meditation, affirmations, & energetics have guided me to a peace that I have never known before.

I commonly see bloggers in pursuit of earning money via their writing, & I have no problem whatsoever with this, but I am not looking to monetize my work.

I receive "payment" in non-financial ways.

A friend messaged me to express thanks for introducing the concept of minimalism to her.  She is taking her first baby steps to remove unnecessary items.

Another friend earned a sizable amount of money by selling her "out the door" pile.

One woman I worked with found $100 cash under a pile of paperwork that had mounted on her desk.

A coworker is planning to downsize her living space to save money to pursue her dreams of traveling.

Yet another friend cleaned out a storage space in America so she could continue her new life untethered in another country.

I helped to change a coworker's perspective on his upcoming move across the country.  He was unnerved about getting rid of everything & starting anew.  I reminded him that he has a clean slate.  He can start all over again with less.  He reported that he feels great as his load lightens & is realizing how little he truly needs.  Plus, the decreased expense for a smaller apartment will allow him to transition more smoothly.

YOU are the reason I write.  I vibrate with the need to share, & I am compensated by your successes.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment