1) A load of laundry
2) A spare tram pass
3) A friendly smile
4) Holding a door
5) Giving directions
6) A list of contacts
All of these things may seem small to you, but to another, they could mean...
1) One less chore after arriving home from a long trip
2) Easy access to transportation in a foreign country without converting currency, finding a ticket machine, & translating another language.
3) A sense of comfort in an unfamiliar setting
4) Relief to a mom struggling with a stroller & crying baby
5) Sparing a lost soul from wandering around an extra hour
6) A link to a much needed job
Everyday, I'm amazed at the power we have to affect the course of someone's day, or more, with simple actions.
You don't have to end world hunger or achieve global peace, but you can be like a pebble tossed in water whose rings spread far beyond its initial impact.